Thursday, April 01, 2010

My cat on my quilt.


My cat on my quilt.
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Sweet & Tangy meatballs for dinner.

1 1/2 lb. minced meat (I use ground bison & my package was actualy closer to 1 lb.)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced - I used my microplane
1 or 2 eggs
2+ tbsp. matzo meal (I am a shaker, not a measureer - I am sure that I used far close to 1/3 cup... bread crumbs or cracker crumbs would work just as well.)
1 1/2 cups ketchup (Squeeze until you have enough)
2 cups ginger ale (Almost 1 litre)

Combine first 6 ingredients and form into small balls. Combine ketchup and ginger ale in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Drop meatballs into sauce, cover and simmer for 2 hours.

Have you made meat balls before? Sometimes they are too wet, so you add more crumbs (ground Matzo), or they do not hold together very well so you add another egg... This really is a no fail recipe...

Serve it with boiled potatoes & carrots. (Or over egg noodles.) Tonight we are also serving asparagus & sweet potatoes - they both need to be eaten.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

My mouth is watering Amy. Thanks for that recipe.....I'm going to try it very soon....I'll let you know how my turns out.
Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

This sounds fabulous! I have never cooked anything with ginger ale in it! I think my kids would eat this!