1. I hand quilted a mini-quilt - I now have the tell tale pricks to go with a nice paper cut. I also attached a binding & subsequently removed it - it was that bad & not my turn, I am supposed to add an embellishment on this round.
2. This will sound prideful, but I can make a PERFECT hard boiled egg - no green ring. (Too bad that my son was not interested in the resulting tomato & egg gratin that I made with those eggs.) I am a bit prideful about my eggs because I know & am related to so many people who do not own this skill set. (Not that this skill is all the special or valuable. I am probably the only one who even knows/notices.) Meanwhile, onion juice does not feel good in a paper cut or the pricks left over from hand quilting. (If the onion makes your eyes water - it will make a hole in your skin smart too - rule of thumb.)
3. IKEA - how do I love your breakfast so much & yet dislike you flat pack furniture so... (We are going back on Saturday for breakfast & to make the "big" purchase, thanks to my uncle who owns a truck. I guess that I should get something for the crock pot so that I can feed him after making him work. - I'll be getting a six pack of cinnamon rolls too.)
4. Sew-n-Tell, my mini-group. (We did soome sneaky talk without getting caught!) They either took my fabric for personal use or for love quilts - either result is fine with me. Yes sir, yes sir 6 grocery bags full. My cat stash was halved! I also culled my creamy neutrals, my black on blacks, & my blue, yellow, & blue&yellow stashes. & I cut strips from one of my "Kits" so that I can make a spiderweb quilt. (I have finally been caught in that sticky web.)
How can you blame me with all of this inspiration? example 1, 2, 3, & 4 (Just the tip of the iceberg.) Most used this tutorial.
5. Taupe... (Not that I workd on it, just thought about it.)
My big helper. My new stash space is next to my bed, so I sort with my big helper.
He does not apprear to be a big fan of the wovens. (Though he might have been showing displeasure in my "not that pile" actions.)
& he makes that face when he has "manic hands." (They really do seem to move quicker & with less thought & precision.)
6. On Friday, I am getting a new microwave installed.
7. Next weekend = local quilt show! Last year we walked to the show from our condo - it was so hot & I was wearing my baby.