Wednesday, March 10, 2010

quilt show

(I need to decompress - I've got a hurry up then wait job & I now get to wait after hurrying for a few days.)
So I have time to put several flickr photos together, instead of quickly choosing one - so that I can take a quick break to read some comments. (Thanks guys.)
So I will get my favorite subject/theme out of the way. Cats. With a caveat that one of the special exhibitors has made several cat quilts - those will not be a part of this post. (You've seen 90-95% of them on here anyway if you have been hanging out long enough.)
DSC09860
DSC09861 I know I've said that I don't particularly care for "painting" on quilts - this is a cat that was done well - so I am wavering...
DSC09858
DSC09817 I have the pattern (without the mariners compass) for this.
DSC09818 So I was especially happy to see the ears done in ultrasuede.
DSC09769
DSC09734
DSC09730
DSC09731
DSC09724
DSC09725
DSC09719
DSC09720
DSC09702
DSC09877
Choosing medium instead of small photos cuts off part of the photo - better pictures can be see by clicking on the photo.

6 comments:

Quiltluver said...

Ok,ya left me with a smile on my face. Love em!!

Rhonda said...

I am not really a cat lover but I do appreciate them...in their quiet way until the clock strikes 5 PM....if you know what I mean....LOL.....thanks for sharing those inspiring quilts.

julieQ said...

The cat theme must have been so much fun to experience.

Kay said...

These are pretty impressive. I like the Hoffman challenge ones, particularly the one with the paisley making bird feathers.

Melinda said...

Thanks for the quilt show. Love the cat quilts.

Sharon said...

I have three rescue cats and was never a cat person (read collie dogs) until then. Now I'm cats all over. Love the quilts. I too have the snail trail pattern sans the compass. Thanks for sharing. Your on my friends list now.