Sunday, March 14, 2010

design wall

The Purple + quilt.
New Message (Taken with my cell phone camera.)
This is a pile of Hope Valley 2.5 inch squares. HopeVally is designed by Denyse Schmidt for FreeSpirit fabrics. I will use this pile for making a Kaffe Fasset quilt. I did find & bought some gridded fusible web. I hope that I can make it work. I am not going to trim my 2.5 squares down & I was only able to find 1 inch grid...

Why Purple +? Because my son's shape box has 2 purple plus shaped pieces. :o) Even though I got several solids to use with these printed fabrics, I think that I will only use 2 solids in purple to represent those pieces.

P.S. The Pecan Pie (from Trader Joes) was great!

8 comments:

Denise :) said...

Pretty! I like your thinking on the name process, too! :)

Sharie said...

Kaffe quilts are always interesting. I made a quilt based on one of his "designs" (copy of an antique)and it is one of my favorites.

I must comment about Trader Joe's. I miss Trader Joe's. I lived in southern California for 29 years with a store nearby. Wish they would put one in Moss Bluff. Not much chance of that, but Lake Charles would be a good second.

Quilter Kathy said...

I have never used that gridded web...look forward to seeing how it works for you.

julieQ said...

Very pretty fabric pieces, I will keep looking to see what you are up to.

Gail said...

I think the grid is still available, maybe at JoAnns. Anything purple is bound to be good, so make sure to keep us updated with photos (include Jacob, too)

Jules said...

I love these fabrics.

Amy said...

Love the Hope fabrics. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

hetty said...

Love your pretty fabrics! Looking forward to seeing how you put this one together.