Monday, March 08, 2010

chicken

So last week, I told you about our meal at CiCi's & how I aborted on a different meal plan.
Well I was going to make maple rosemary chicken. We had it over the weekend & it was great.
I "followed" a recipe, but I don't really measure...
I don't remember how many pieces the sauce was supposed ot be used for, but I had an 8 piece chicken package...
I kind of guessed the amount of maple syrup (the real stuff - this is chicken not french toast.) & saw only a tiny bit left & I thought that I had a lot of chicken for what was in the bowl... So I emptyed the container into my bowl. The recipe also called for olive oil (to help the syrup lose some stickyness) but my chicken had the skin on, so I might have skimped here... Rosemary - I chopped up some - probably more than 1 but less than 2 Tablespoons - fresh. salt & pepper to taste. I skimp on the salt because Kosher chicken comes pre-brined. I possible could have used a bit more pepper...
Pour this over your chicken (The maple syrup helped to keep some of it on the chicken - unlike other sauces that I have tried to use.) & bake at 350 for an hour (my chicken was bone in.)
P.S. I almost had the sauce prepared by the time my oven got up to temperature - no need to let the chicken sit in the sauce. Since the sauce had some oil & chicken skin fat, I drained it before serving. I suppose it could have been drizzled over pasta or rice...

It was really good - I served it with a baked sweet potato. (The meal could have used rice or pasta, but was fine without.)

1 comment:

dee said...

the chicken sounds very delicious. I think I would go with the rice. A nice Basmati would compliment that luscious sauce. I think I have some real Vermont in the fridge.