Monday, February 08, 2010

Crisis Averted


Crisis Averted
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I've gone through & culled my fabrics on several occasions. Including the cat prints. I am not sure why I kept this Y2K print. (I bought it after the millennium for a cat charm quilt - there is a piece of this in both of my cat charm quilts.)

Fast forward in time to the near past/almost present.

Then I had a dream about an X quilt - "X Marks the spot" & the Search for X prints began in ernest. At almost the same time, I revisited an I SPY quilt idea for my son, JACOB & Started to cut for that as well.

After I cut a piece from a cat print that fit the JACOB quilt mold (without being "just a cat.") I noticed that I had a big enough leftover of a pretty cool print, so I started to cut for a Cat ABC quilt. That should be no problem with my prints.

What things begin with a Z? Zipper - o.k. look at my sewing cat prints & see if you can find a zipper - nope. Zoo - no luck, Zeplin, no luck, etc. Then I thought ZERO - I just purchased a Numbers fat quarter for ONE - but it had babies, not cats... I did not have a numbers cat print...

& Then I saw it my Y2K/Millennium cat print - it used 2000 instead of Y2K or Millennium - that is also know as two-zero-zero-zero. Hence the title Crisis Averted. I now have all of my cat prints from Aquarium to Zero!

4 comments:

Andi said...

Very Cool! I love your thematic I-Spy series :-)

Rhonda said...

Glad you worked it all out....it's great when things come together.

日本 said...

一隻穿雲箭 千軍萬馬來相見 這麼棒的文章 幫你頂先!..............................

Jeanne said...

The scope of your cat fab collection amazes me!!

Jeanne :)