Wednesday, January 20, 2010

YAY

Raise your hand if this sounds familiar...

You check out a book (magazine) from the Library (or you borrow it from a friend) & while you like it fine, you are not impressed enough to buy it. Or one pattern really tickles your fancy, but others you barely notice.

& THEN

You see a quilt or SEVERAL using "X" pattern (Or a pattern that is very similar.)

Well that happened to me & I will now expound on one specific event.

My husband is friendly with the inter-library loan gal where he works (at a Law School). I'm not sure when I made the connection, but I had him borrow EVERY Kaffe Fassett book on quilting. I perused & swooned over many patterns. (I even made a quilt!)

I then saw this bundle of fabric & immediately decided that a fat quarter bundle of that fabric would be my birthday gift. Now to decide what to do with it... (I only knew that I wanted to use it all together - not sepatated into the 3 color families & I decided that I would be willing to mix in some Kona solids if necessary.)

I did not go to Flickr to search for a pattern - I got there regularly to see what people are up to & for general inspiration.

I had seen this quilt way back in 2007 & loved it. Since then I have seen this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, & this one. & thanks to Jackie I know that a pattern is in Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Road book. (& thanks to my husband I was able to get it through inter-library loan.)

OR

I may use a pattern in a book that I actually own & make this quilt. My birthday is at the end of the month, so I have some time to think about it & do some more planning...

Bottom line, I guess you can tell that I want to do a tessalation quilt, right?

(Any opinions on a link heavy post? Do you like the links to quilt photos?)

5 comments:

Paula said...

I liked all the links....and I liked some of the quilts better than others. I don't like the solids only. Using some solids with Hope Valley fabric would look really good, I think!

hetty said...

I love the links! And I love the pattern. That will look so great with those fabrics!

Rian said...

I linked to a couple, passed on the rest, but I have a migraine today so my interest level in ANYthing is low. But I like your enthusiasm, and I enjoyed the story.

Vicki W said...

Love the links and yes, go for the quilt!

dee said...

I love the links. That's how I discover new ideas I might like to try.
The Autumn Suede one is lovely.