Thursday, January 21, 2010

This is just the tip of the iceberg


DSC09425
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

You are looking 2 of 4 stacks of I pulled fabrics from my own stash for the JACOB quilt.

I know it looks like a lot, but I have been collecting (buying/trading/begging/gifted) for several years. Many of those have been used in a quilt (Or there are charms cut from them waiting to become quilts) already. Most of them are fat quarters & smaller.

I guess my next step should be to make piles for J, A, C, O, & B fabrics. You see when I did my first sort, looked quickly & if I saw something that would work, I pulled it - so I may have 5 or 6 sets of curtains in that pile. I I will later choose the best curtain for the quilt.

(I need to go to my Aussie fabric pile & look for ostrich & outback fabrics...)

Anyone have any Oriole (Either the actual bird or the baseball team) fabric?

Again, if anyone is working on a similar novelty quilt, don't hesitate to ask - I may be able to help... (I know my GF wants a piece of my Opossum fabric!)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my Amy.....wow....what a great pile you have to work with!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is quite the pile of fabric! Can't wait to see how you make this idea into a quilt!