Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A discussion on a quilt.

Well I finally know what to do with "that" grouping of fabric. What fabric might you ask - well at the end of the day it does not matter, any fabrics can work with this block. If you don't believe me, check out this flickr group or this group. Here is a tutorial, a Quiltville "pattern" with photos of oldies, and a Quilter's Cache pattern. I have always said that I like secondary patterns - I usually do the same block over & over without sashing instead of samplers - so I guess my like of this quilt should not be a suprise. Meanwhile, I tried hard not to jump onto this bandwagon... Why? Who the heck knows why? I am a dandylion & this fits my tendencies to a T - flitter from one thing to another just like that dandylion fluff being blown from here to there...

As you can see, the width variance can be great. As can the level of scrappiness. & If you are using scraps the width variance is probably even greater than if you are going to start from fat quarters like me...

O.K. now that I have that out of my system, I feel so much better.

(My fabric - you can see it for sale here some from "all" but mostly blue/green - I never quite got around to photographing mine, but mine mixes in some others that go with this as well. My background may just be WHITE - stark white.)

1 comment:

Miri said...

I love spiderweb quilts but always thought they were a bit finicky to sew-thanks for the link to the tutorial. Can't wait to see your blocks-I think white is a great background for showing off fabrics!