Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday

My birthday is at the end of the week on the 30th. But I got my big gift early...
My Birthday Present (Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt for Free Spirit fabrics.) Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt for Free Spirit Fabrics. My husband ordered this & it arrived on Friday. On Saturday, my GF was in town & we went to a local fabric shop where I got several Kona Solids to go with these.
Hope Valley with Kona Solids
This is the pattern that I plan to make with these fabrics:
DSC09424 I am not sure if I will mix the solids in the center & forgo a border - or use the solids to make a plus border - where there isn't really a line of demarkation between the body & border. (I am leaning towards plan 2.)
That pattern can be found in this book:
What are you going to do with that fabric? Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Road.
Mommies Big Helper! I think he likes my idea.

15 comments:

Vicki W said...

Ooooh, love those fabrics!

Rhonda said...

Great fabrics and a very happy little guy!

Lesly said...

Happy upcoming birthday - and what a terrific present! I've got some HV on order, but no specific plans for it - yours sound great!

dee said...

OMG-that face just made me chuckle out loud. The whole family had to have a look at him. We were in agreement. Too Too cute!!

I like that pattern very much.
Happy Birthday to you.

*karendianne. said...

Oh my friend, great great great fabrics. I'm so happy for you!!!

...and Jacob is "right on quilting good buddy!

Kay said...

Start him appreciating fabric early!

Rian said...

Dems some yum-o-licious fabrics. Happy birthday!

paula, the quilter said...

Happy Birthday! Jacob is getting just too cute.

Chocolate Cat said...

Love the fabrics, love the pattern (think I'd go plan B too!) but love that photo with that cheeky little face!

Jackie said...

I am so glad that you were able to get the book! Now the four patch really can be seen. I love what you will be using to make this quilt too. Happy birthday early.

hetty said...

I'm with Jacob. I like your idea too. Great fabrics. Happy Birthday!

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh...what an absolutely precious smile.

Michele said...

Oh my - Jacob looks *exactly* like you in that last photo!

Cathi said...

Gorgeous fabrics!!
I waited until now to comment so I could say "Happy Birthday!!" on the right day! :-)

Ruth's Place said...

Belated, Happy Birthday!

Those fabrics are wonderful!