Monday, December 07, 2009

What's not on your design wall?

' What is that red bit around the edge? a FINISHED binding!
Here we are living with it...
From the bottom of the viney quilting to the top.
DSC09175.JPG The bottoms of the vines.
DSC09174.JPG Rhapsody, the girl cat. She is a Tonkinese.
DSC09161.JPG RB, the boy cat. He is also a Tonkinese. & not very happy - I moved him for the photoshoot - off of a warm pile of laundry.
DSC09159.JPG Jacob - not a cat...
DSC09155.JPG That awful "brown decorative stripe." (Which BTW is on their new fabric line as well - I saw it in my magazine...)
DSC09146.JPGMommy's Helper.
DSC09145.JPG The tops of the vines.
What? You don't "live" with your quilts?
Don't tell me most of them are hanging like these:
DSC09166.JPG Three of six on my quilt ladder, the binding is finished on the top two... Yes, I do feel guilty - then I get over it.

14 comments:

Tamera said...

he he he My quilts are lived with...and lived with...and lived with. And, like you, that's the way I like it.

Howdy said...

I love using my quilts... I can see 6 in use from where I sit!

And that whole binding thing... when I worked at a quilt shop in MA I had a few quilts that I quilted but didn't have time to hand stitch the binding around to the back before they hung in the shop as samples... so I used applique glue and just glue basted them down. One accidently got washed last year but no problems developed outside of the glue washing out - one quilt is folded on the foot of a guest bed upstairs... but who besides you and I know that it's glued and not sewn - you won't tell will you? LOL

Cathi said...

Wow -- absolutely stunning! Nice to see it being used by all of the small members of your family! :-)

martha said...

Love it!

Kay said...

Very, very pretty!

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Terrific quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the quilting on that and the red binding is perfect! The photo of "Not a cat" is so adorable...thanks for the smile today!
Where did you get your quilt ladder....I need one or two!

Kare said...

You've done a great job, I really like it! Is it hand quilted?

Rian said...

Yay, it's awesome! Red binding--great idea. I use my quilts!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Isn't a binding a beautiful sight! Quilts are definately used around here - just wait until Jacob starts making forts out of yours! Beautiful quilt. Cheers! Evelyn

Vicki W said...

The quilt looks great! My favorite quilts are quilts that get loved to death. Do I recognize Jacob's shirt?

Myra said...

Looks great! Way to get-er-done! 8-)

Gari said...

I, too, live with my quilts. If they wear out, or are torn, etc, then I just will have to make another one. Heh, heh! Today when I was taking pictures of my gift quilts I couldn't get the dogs off for long. All of my quilts are made with the "hair of the dog(s)."

amandajean said...

it's a BEAUTY!!!! what a gorgeous quilt. now i think i might need some of that fabric.... :)