Tuesday, December 22, 2009

kitties in a tree fabrics


kitties in a tree fabrics
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I know I chatted about this bunch of fabric not to long ago, but....

Instead of "just" making large (9 inches cut) half square triangles, what about "Roman Stripes?"

Do you know of any "on-line" aka free patterns/tutorials for Roman Stripes.

I kind-of know how the block works, but, I'd really like to read/see it before whacking into this fabric.

Hey, you over there - quit laughing, I will cut into this "eventually."

Do Roman Stripes blocks have bias edges?

6 comments:

Rian said...

I had to google "Roman Stripe." I could not remember this pattern. This ought to answer your questions.

http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RomanStripeBlock.html

Looks like a fun pattern. Can't wait to see it done up in your fabrics!

I don't know if Jacob is a born shopper. He looks more like a card-sharp...

*karendianne. said...

Mary does...

http://www.maryquilts.com/roman-stripes/

GRACE said...

gee amy, you have the most beautiful browns i've ever seen and you make the most stunning quilts with this color as well...how did I miss this colorway in the store?

Carolyn aka Silkquilter said...

Well, I guess I won't add my 2 cents worth. Rian and Karen listed the two sites I was going to suggest. Have fun.
Carolyn

hetty said...

The Quiter's Cache site would leave you with a lot of cutting and bias edges. I don't like the Quilter's Cache methods and this one is no exception. Mary's method would give you straight edges, but she uses squares of muslin, which I assume would be your cats in trees fabric. The strips are sewn onto the squares of fabric. This seems like a waste of fabric to me. But that's just me. I have done a couple of quilts in a quilt-as-you-go pattern that looks a bit like roman stripss. It's on my blog under the label 'Simon Says'.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have a pattern at home from a magazine (long ago) that I'll scan and send to you. Have used it multiple times - works great!