Monday, November 09, 2009

On my design grass!


DSC09017.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

The lightest part on the edges is the backing - I had to make sure that it was big enough. I cut my fabric purchase so close on this one. i was being "frugal" & only got 5.5 yards for the back instead of my ususal 6 - I'll never make that mistake again. I sent along some muslin for the leaders on the long arms & a mea culpa.

Oh & my husband officially does not like this quilt. Hopefully it grows on him because it is going up on the wall above our couch as soon as it is 'Done Done.'

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the quilt so you can send it to me!

*karendianne. said...

I'm inspired by it and I love and... well I'm bummed the dern DH doesn't like it. What's not to like!

Melinda said...

Perhaps he will like it better when it is quilted. Quilts always look better when they are quilted and bound. By the way - I really like it.

Cathi said...

I think it's fabulous! I so love those fabrics and you've done such a great job showcasing them all in that quilt!

hetty said...

What's not to like? If he doesn't come around, I have a lovely wall you can hang it on!

Quiltdivajulie said...

There is frequent "not liking" at my house, too . . . that's okay, there's room for two opinions.

Good for you for getting this done like you wanted (soon). And, yes, it will be even better once quilted!

Quilter Kathy said...

Those reds are really beautiful!

Kay said...

Design grass--LOL! This looks very pretty. It must be too pink for the male.

dee said...

I think you should send it to me immediately so as not to offend fussy male eyes...love it!

Rhonda said...

I like your quilt......I've done the same thing on backing fabric....cut it close with not enough fabric but made it work with a strip of the quilt color down the back....whew...hehehehehe......hope your quilt grows on hubby.