Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It's what's for dinner

I mentioned previously that I got this chicken recipe here. But I just spent too much time trying to find it over there, so I am typing it out here too. Maybe that way I can find it easily next time. Maybe not...

Neil Sedaka’s Chicken
Adapted slightly from a late 1970s NY Post interview with Neil & Leba Sedaka

1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 roaster chicken, in eighths (skin on or off, your choice) I use boneless skinless breasts
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard (I used one with whole mustard seeds)
4 Tbsp. ketchup
(I am probably going to double the sauce - you'll see why in a minute.)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Spread half of the onion in a layer on the bottom of a roasting pan and arrange chicken skin-side up (even if you have removed the skin) on top. Add remaining onion on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with vinegar and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Mix garlic, mustard, and ketchup together and brush over chicken and onions. (I am going to flip the chicken pieces around a bit so that the sauce is on both sides.)
Bake for an hour and a half, turning once, until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot, room temperature, or cold straight from the fridge.

7 comments:

Amy - Park City Girl said...

Can't go wrong with this! Thanks for sharing :)

*°º¤♥-=|F®äñ|=-♥*°º¤ said...

♥нι friend...νιѕιтιиg тнιѕ cυтє вℓσg,ρℓz νιѕιт му cυтє вℓσg тσσσ..нυgz♥

Suzan said...

This looks delish!!

em's scrapbag said...

You can never have enough good chicken recipes. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

I bet that sauce is very good. I made a stir fry recipe once that used mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar for the sauce and it was great!

hetty said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Miri said...

MMM,Sounds good, quick to prepare and easy! I like to let my oven do the cooking! :)