Monday, November 23, 2009

current project - aka design wall project


DSC09030.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Why yes, this is quilted & the binding is attached. & yet it is still undone - & by my estimation this probably will remain undone until New Years! *
"Why?" you ask. Because I used a black background - the scattered cats & a black binding - the polka dot.
& just for the record, when I got that Laurel Burch print for the border, I thought that its background was also black. It's not... the block is Jacob's Ladder & it pieced scrappy black on black (& dark variations therein) with brights!
For the record, this quilt is as big as it can be & still be long arm quilted... AKA big King.
* about all I can stand to do is one length of thread a night...

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOL...bless your heart....that big, uh!....You can do it....little by little, line by line. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Kay said...

Black is tough: I sympathize. There's so much dust, cat hair, etc. to deal with too, as I'm sure you've noticed. :)

hetty said...

I don't understand. It is quilted and bound and still not done? What's left to do? It looks great by the way! Different blacks look black, but together in a quilt they always look different.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! That is one big and happy quilt! Love it!

The Calico Quilter said...

I completely get it - hand sewing black on black is really hard. But at 18" at a time you will get there eventually! The worst I ever did was a back and cream tiny check bias binding. I thought I'd go blind.