Friday, October 23, 2009

Wooden Toys

I have already purchased several wooden toys for Jacob. (I prefer the banging of wood over the noise of plastic.) Before my grandfather went blind, woodworking was his hobby, so Jacob inherited several of those toys too. Including this one - both guys used the same pattern. No biggie, quilters use patterns all the time.

Why was I looking at wooden toys? Jacob has been invited to his first birthday party & our present has not been shipped by Amazon yet. (If I did not want it for a party, I would have had it already - that is just how my luck works out.)

& My almost walker needs some pull toys :o) So I am shopping for him too.

& Husband thought I was foolish when I bought those wooden toys - Jacob likes them. :o) (Almost as much as the cat toys.)

Happy Blogtober 23rd.

6 comments:

Mama Koch said...

I have a set of wooden dominoes from when I was a kid...yes, they're antiques. I also like the wooden ones...as they don't break when you step on them in the middle of the night.

Cathi said...

I've noticed in a couple of specialty toy shops we've gone past that they have wooden toys in the windows. They look so much nicer than the plastic!

*karendianne. said...

Amy those wooden toys are so neat! You crack me up though with this post. Sheesh, you're right though aren't you? About the timing of things. ACK!

paula, the quilter said...

O I can wax poetic on wooden toys. They are almost indestructible. Thanks for visiting my blog, Jane, and entering the drawing for the Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

Sweet P said...

I love wooden toys. This past summer we found a store in Bar Harbor, ME that sells all kinds of wooden products. I found a bag of unfinished wood blocks in various sizes. They are the perfect size for little hands. I'm sure Jacob loves wooden toys.

hetty said...

I have always loved wooden toys. I made several puzzles and other things with my scroll saw in earlier days. I think simple toys are the best for learning. Great for stimulating imagination!