Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reverse menu plan monday

While you were trolling along in the blog-o-sphere, you probably saw at least 1 menu plan. Chances are the blogger posted it on Monday & they may even participate on a Mr. Linky post...

We have started to menu plan - awesome idea in my humble opinion. We still have the plan too much, but I add in things like pasta - if we have leftovers the dry pasta & jarred sauce don't care. Case in point - Monday was salmon with edamame, we had leftover salmon, so that became Tuesday's meal too only we had brussels sprouts instead of edamame. (I baked the salmon with salt & pepper, I followed the instructions on the box for the edamame & I roasted the brussels sprouts - easy peasy.)

As I mentioned previosly - I am pretty simple & can get into a rut with what we eat.

SOOOOOOO

I want you to suggest menu ideas. Kind of like sentence starters for emergent writers.
(Caveat, I don't eat pork, shell fish, or cheese/meat combinations - which includes all of those lovely "cream of" soups - though the simplicity of those recipes is what I want.)

I am looking for things that are simple & things that use simple ingredients.

Let me have it! (Links are o.k. as well as complete recipes or use this as a sentence starter for your blog & tell me to come look at your recipe. Heck, you can cook it tonight & take a picture if you like. - That BTW is the kind of recipe I want, "She asked for it this morning, so let's cook it tonight." Especially if you are not at home over a hot oven stirring or waiting for yeast to rise.)

If you previously shared a recipe with me, remind me. My brain is like a sieve & my pile-o-recipes is long.

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Do you like Indian food? Here's a really fast, easy, and very delicious recipe I posted on a blog I share with my daughter and some friends:
http://cookoff217.blogspot.com/2009/05/super-fast-indian.html
Many of my easiest meals use tofu, but if you don't like it, you can substitute chicken in this recipe. (I think that's what is originally called for anyway.)

Diana said...

This one is very easy and very good.

I use one package of what my grocery store calls "stew beef," really just a mix of bite size chunks of beef. The packages are usually about a pound or so. Dump the beef in a crockpot. Pour in 1/2 to 1 cup of red wine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beef is tender. At that point you can add some seasonings: salt, pepper, a bit of thyme, a smashed clove of garlic, etc. Turn the crockpot to high. Thicken the gravy with cornstarch (1 generous tablespoon mixed into a couple TB's of water, then added to the gravy in the pot.) By the time you have fixed mashed potatoes and a green veggie, the gravy will be thickened and everything will be ready to eat.

For the second day reheat the meat and gravy and serve over toasted rolls with your favorite sandwich toppings: onions, lettuce, diced tomatoes or whatever.

And honestly? It tastes just like you spent HOURS slaving over a hot stove.

Kay said...

Sorry no recipe. Hope your knee and your computer are better. I loved the pictures of the fall drive and the baby.

Andi said...

I made up this recipe years ago...I am the Queen of Non-Cookers :-)

Brown some sausage (I use smoked, whatever you prefer) on the stove. Dump in a can of corn, diced tomatoes and one diced green pepper. Season to taste (Italian mix, salt, pepper etc) and serve over rice.