Saturday, October 24, 2009

I almost forgot Blogtober 24th. Today we went to a local toy store - non-chain. :o) I left wondering one thing....

Why are almost all toys labeled 3+? 

I know about the small pieces that we don't want babies to swallow, are blocks that small? "No." & yet they are labeled 3+. Oh well, we just went in to look... Jacob already has some blank blocks & he loves to play with them.
I am not sure when we will get his ABC blocks... (In the mean time, his Charlie Harper ABC book should be arriving soon.)

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's because of parents who refuse to watch their own children and lawyers.

Katie Bishop said...

well, i was watching my own daughter as she put a block in her mouth and some how got it stuck behind her teeth. I thought there was no way it could, but it did! And when we took it out, it left a scratch. She thought getting icecream was fun... but i agree...too many big kid toys...

Exuberant Color said...

My kids had a huge box of blank blocks in lots of sizes. They loved them. They always put them all back in the big box they came in after they played. It was like putting a puzzle together to make them all fit back in.

Kay said...

I've noticed that 3+ thing too, and I think Vicki is probably right, although I bet it's more one a fear of a law suit rather than the fact that law suits have actually happened.