Friday, October 30, 2009

A good mail day.

Lookie what came in the mail:
DSC08934.JPG
It goes perfectly with a little giftie that I got a couple days ago:
DSC08935.JPG
THANKS again Karen. Who may be the one to blame for me knowing about this line to begin with... :o)
If anyone wonders why I really like this line - besides the fact that it is on my sofa & looks great?
Exhibit 1:
DSC05546.JPG
Exhibit 2:
DSC05544.JPG
Exhibit 3:
current doll quilt for me This one still needs about 1 row of quilting...

What do I plan on doing with 5 charm packs?
Thanks to the wonderful AmandaJean I am going to make a twin/double sized Stacked Coins quilt. "French Francs" (I know, clever.) You see she was featured on Moda Bake Shop with this pattern for a crib sized quilt. She took the time out of her busy schedule to answer my e-mail on how much fabric (how many charm packs) do I need?* THANKS again. I will be adding in some of those fabrics from my giftie & I may try to add in some Taupes as well.

Oh & thanks to Mr. Calico Cat who authorized the purchase. (Can I get some red for the binding? I forgot about that...) The solid "Roche" will be the sashing & the print will be the backing.

When it is quilted & bound, we will be saying Buh Bye Kaffe make room for the General! (I will hang it above my sofa.)

* A layer cake + a charm pack could have worked, but there is less cutting (for my pattern) with charm packs & I think that 5 charm packs ended up being a tad bit less expensive...

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Ohh, you have the most luscious fabric here and I DH get's much bonus points for the authorization of the purchase after the wealth was distributed! hee. Amy, I absolutely love Exhibit 1, which I didn't know existed so that was really neat! And that crib quilt is going to be sooooo cute! I can't wait.

"French Francs" - will be rockin' cool. That was cute by the way!!!

Gosh, it'll be a trip to say bye bye to Kaffe.

Suzan said...

I LOVE that French General fabric - bought a couple of charm packs myself. I am still at the stage of patting it and just looking at it. Can't wait to see what you create!

Teresa said...

Sounds like a plan to me and you sure have some pretty fabrics to carry it out!

Cathi said...

I haven't seen that fabric up here yet but just know I'll be desperate to get some! I love the idea of your French Francs quilt! That one has me pretty well determined to get on better terms with the sewing machine!

GRACE said...

very pretty amy, you make brown look gorgeous....

dee said...

Oh how I love your wonderful neutral quilts-all of them.
We must be channeling each other since I mentioned in my last post that's exactly the baby quilt I'm going to make next. So simple. I don't have charm squares for the cutting but it won't take long to cut the pieces for a crib quilt. Can't wait to see what you make of this gorgeous line. I love that fabric in all it's color incarnations, especially the reds. Happy Halloween!