Thursday, October 29, 2009

441?


441?
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

That is the magic number for the "pattern" which would give you a 21 x 21 layout. But with a little help from my friends, I have 504 charms - enough for a 21 x 24 layout. Which based on my piecing method is a 7 x 8 9-patch layout. The charms are 5 inches square (@ 94 x 108), so I will get a queen sized quilt.

With only a few execptions they are all different. I'm not saying that I don't have more than one cat, but where I have a cat print that depicts a cat swimming, sunbathing & diving - I only chose diving to be depicted on this quilt.

& I officially have everything in there including a wash tub!

(I might need to cut some more for my scrappy back... Or maybe sew them 10 x 12 instead of 11 x 11 for a 100 x 120 back instead of a 110 x 110 back.)

Yes, you do see a baby snack food container in the background as well as my June Taylor cutting/pressing mat on my cutting, ahem dining table.

4 comments:

*karendianne. said...

How cool are you? Check it! You can be a working woman, a wife, a mommy, a cat slave and still make time to be a quilter (in any room, too). I feel that I must be cool to know you, too! hee.

Seriously girl, this is really awesome work. Impressive.

Cathi said...

I don't know how you do it all!

Cathi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hetty said...

That's a lot of blocks! How do you do it?