Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Get ready to start craning your neck

All of the big quilts at the Maryland State Fair were hung from the ceiling, so to look at them, you had to look up - usually with out enough space behind you to actually be able to look up. I seriously took some of these with my hands in the air, with my arms behind my head... (Can you picture it?)

DSC08711.JPG
closer (using the zoom feature.)
DSC08712.JPG
DSC08710.JPG
DSC08709.JPG
DSC08708.JPG
DSC08699.JPG
DSC08696.JPG
DSC08693.JPG (made without a panel)
DSC08690.JPG
DSC08689.JPG
DSC08681.JPG
DSC08680.JPG

DSC08678.JPG
DSC08677.JPG
DSC08676.JPG
DSC08679.JPG

8 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

At least they were hanging them out full size so you could see the whole design. I can imagine you with the camera up in the air....

dee said...

Wow! That seems a bit difficult for viewing. I have neck problems so I don't think I would have cared much for it. Thanks for the pics though. Especially thanks for the cute Jacob shots. That boy is really on the move-get on your running shoes now.

Miri said...

Wonderful quilts! Wow, I would have been standing there with my head back and my mouth open!

I love state fairs...did Jacob like the animals and did you eat a corn dog??

Patchwork Penguin said...

Where/When is the fair? WOuld love to drive down and see the quilts next year.

Hugs!

Quiltluver said...

Wow,beautiful quilts. I love looking at quilt show pics. Thanks for the show. Karen

Cher said...

and the plastic over them to protect this is such a nice touch too...well, you did an amazing job getting those photos! thanks for sharing..it does make my neck sore to imagine.

*karendianne. said...

First quilt with that amazingggg close up, best applique and cats. Those were my favs. Thanks for going through all that effort and pain just to get the shots. Sheesh. You could have fell over backwards. And lordy bee how the elder ladies must have felt. Not to mention the gals like me with a MS and a little bit of Vertigo (not to many of "me's" there though). It was the torture quilt show though...

Kay said...

Not too viewer friendly, is it? I like the cats and flower quilt; very cute!