Saturday, August 15, 2009

What do the last two movies that I saw have in common? Apparently, Amy Adams. I had to look up the release date for Charlie Wilson's War (Dec. 2007) to remember the last time that I had been to the movies. And apparently, Amy Adams was in that movie. Tonight my Mother-in Law was in town, so she watched the baby while we went to see Julie & Julia. It was a lovely movie & well worth watching.

About a week ago, my husband was taking about getting a sitter to see this movie - I (along with quite a few other people) like to watch cooking shows on TV, so he knew that I would be interested in seeing this movie.

I also like "period" pieces and this movies hit the 40's & 50's on the head. I romanticize about wishing that I had been born in the 40's & lived in the 50's. I have mentioned this to people in real life, & I get pooh poohed... Oh well.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I can recommend Julie & Julia.  

5 comments:

Carin said...

I would have loved the 50's also, I just am not sure how I would have managed to clean the house in heels, a skirt and pearls. I have a hard enough time with heels when I am going out to dinner :O)

andsewitis Holly said...

I'm not much of a movie watcher but this one has been on my to-watch list. Looks good and thanks for your recommendation.

Kay said...

Amy Adams is a favorite of mine no matter what she's in. I definitely want to see J & J. Glad to hear you liked it.

Mama Koch said...

DH and I saw it last Friday night. He wasn't impressed but I loved it. Julia is larger than life and this was a perfect movie to learn more about her.

Have you seen her cookbook on ebay? Would love to have one...but just not in my $$ plan right now!

Libby said...

I have always felt that I should have been a young woman in the 40's - I love it all . . . . especially the shoes *s*