Tuesday, August 18, 2009

video time & a quilting scenario

video

I may not ever remember to hold the camera correctly for videos, but I do get to a point where I turn it this time. :o0 We had a lot of fun at the park on the swing. Jacob loved watching the big kids on their skateboards. (I was just happy that they were playing appropriately without a lot of swearing.) The park that we went to was especially nice, I liked how the toddler section was fenced off from the rest of the park.

Quilting advice & why I use patterns...
When piecing & figuring out the size of a piece of fabric to cut, remember seam allowances. Just sayin'.

Luckily the lack of seam allowances aka add another piece of fabric was not a big deal on what I sewed today. :o) But it was humorous considering that I actually "did the math" & cut 2.75 inch pieces - the add on piece looks just right as well, whew! Without grabbing my ruler, it looks to be about 2.5 inches - very close!

Now I am pressing on my design wall project while Jacob plays on his mat & while we wait for the repairman.

1 comment:

Carin said...

Seam allowances ohhh that could be my problem. LOL!!!