Friday, August 07, 2009

up on all four!

I tried several times yesterday & today to upload this to my flickr, Earlier this evening I decided to figure out how to upload a video directly to blogger. This video was in danger of becoming lost among my myriad of photos & videos, so I am sharing it now.

He never ceases to amaze me. How did he know to get up on all four? Is he copying the cat? One of his classmates at daycare? Is the daycare lady "helping/encouraging?" I just like being off to the side to watch him learn & do new things.

At daycare they have a swing outside - I need to find one of those. Apparently Jacob likes to swing. :o) (The swings that they have for indoors he could care less about - I am glad that we just "borrowed" ours...)

8 comments:

dee said...

He's getting so big. Does he try to rip out the grass and eat it yet? James did but it could just be a family trait-they'll eat anything around here.
What fun you must be having.

Patchwork Penguin said...

And a new chapter in your life begins........ start baby proofing and enjoy :o)

Andi said...

My mom found a Little Tikes swing for Kendra that we were able to hang on the patio. It was cheap at the kids re-sale store. Do you have any of those nearby?

Kathie said...

your in trouble once he starts crawling, be warned!!!!!
its so great when they start but in reality oh you had better start making sure the house is baby proofed and doors closed!

hetty said...

Yep! Time to baby proof the house - and garden! Love the videos! Sooooo cute! My daughter never crawled. She always 'walked' on all fours. I think it was because she didn't like the feel of grass and things on her knees and legs.

Diana said...

So cute! They seem to catch on to crawling and then walking with or without any encouragement from others. Enjoy this wonderful time.

Rhonda said...

Oh how precious. You are so right, it's just amazing how babies grow and progress. My grandbaby can crawl forward but when she gets to a wall, that's the end of crawling for her......LOL.....she kind of looks at the wall like where in the world did this thing come from.

The Calico Quilter said...

How strong he is! As soon as he figures out how to slide one of those knees forward it'll be go-go-go!