Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This is quite annoying...

Back when I was a child, we had a phone without caller ID & on occasion we would get a wrong number. We would say, "You have a wrong number." & that would be it. (Does this ring true?)

So this "guy" texts me, "Whach doin?" (I don't know the number so I know it is a wrong number.)
I reply, "You have a wrong number."
He replies, "I know it is you ___, quit teasing me."
I reply, "You have a wrong number."
He replies, "How is cat."
I reply, "My cats are at home."
He replies, "How is Nat?"
I reply "Nat is perpetually in reruns on The facts of Life with Tootie."
He replies, "What?"
I reply, "Now do you believe me when I say you have a wrong number?"
He replies, "No."
I delete the message.

7 comments:

Mama Koch said...

Some people just don't take a hint.

dee said...

a while back we had someone from another country with a really heavy accent call daily for a week or so insisting that their cousin Susan was at our number. I finally lost my temper after a week of trying to be polite. Not pretty!

Patchwork Penguin said...

This is why I had the texting feature turned off on my phone...... I was tired of paying for texts that I never opened and didn't want to.

hetty said...

Our phone number is similar to the one for Swiss Chalet, a chicken take-out place. Actually it's not really that similar, but people seem to call me all the time and what to order a double-leg dinner or something. Having call display does not help.

Melvin said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,

___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

*karendianne. said...

Holy Shmoly! I'd never think this would happen. Of course, I don't have a texting option on my phone so I wouldn't but, well, I think it's kinda fun.

Kay said...

When my husband finally joined the 21st century and got a cell phone this happened to him. He gets wrong numbers addressed to a young girl apparently. It's been a pretty hilarious scenario to all in the family.