Monday, August 10, 2009

Loot from the longarmer

How bad is it when you get a box from a longarmer & you are suprised with what it holds? (I sent this box before Jacob was born.)
Here is one of my suprises:
DSC08507.JPG
Those pinks cover "every" variety. I sent many pinks to Cathi after this was pieced. At the time she was piecing a scrappy pink project. But Wanda's quilt made me post this today. I love what she is doing - even though I may nto be a big fan of pink. (I'll eat those words again some day as I have 2 cat based pink UFO's & Several "pinky" taupe projects.)
The quilting emphasizes the diagonals:
DSC08508.JPG
The built in border that convinced me to make this quilt:
DSC08509.JPG Did you notice the plaid binding?
The back - I love that hydrangea print.
DSC08510.JPG
The quilt pattern was in a magazine in this exact coloration.

9 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

You can't convince me that you don't like pink. In the right combination it is perfect.

Catherine said...

That is stunning. I love it!
Funny you mentioned the pinks -- I am just about to start a rotating plan like Wanda's and the pink and white snow crystals are going to be one of the projects that gets moved into a rotation. I really want to finish that top!

Libby said...

For someone who is not a big fan of pinks you made a really gorgeous pink quilt! I love it!

Carin said...

This quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful ... I do like pink and I REALLY like this quilt (including the built in border).

Enjoy it ...

Ruth's Place said...

I LOVE that border!! The quilt is stunning, but that border had me bouncing in my seat going OH!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love this quilt! And I'm not just saying that because I love pink! The quilting is perfect for it!

Kay said...

This would be a pleasant surprise for sure. Very pretty.

Jeanne said...

The quilting is perfect, and I LOVE that border!
Jeanne