Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The lime green miniature

I am a fan of lime green, I can admit it. Actually I like all super brights, lemon yellow, orange, hot pink, electric blue...

So this one combined with my like of miniatures (see previous post) was a no brainer for me to capture on film (digital - doesn't have the same ring).

DSC08423.JPG
a close-up:
DSC08424.JPG
The stippling is beyond micro... That is a seed bead in the middle of that flower. I am not usually a fan of whole cloth, but the darker green thread & the contrasting threads really make this work for me.

I am also not usually a fan of the beads, but it is effective here instead of just "I need to add something else." (It is also perfect for the quilt in the previous post.)

The "only" other time I liked buttons were on this quilt:

closer-up:

(You might have noticed the bright green again...) I blogged it along with a ton of other quilts in early 2007. - March & February to be exact if you car to take a trip in my way back machine. Back then I took copious notes on the titles, makers & ribbons won... Not to rehash it, but some "art" quilters did not like me (& others) posting their quilts (with complete credit) so I quit jotting down names & titles...

While I am on a button kick...
The was a cute quilt that hung at Sisters & used HUGE buttons:
DSC07959.JPG
Closer...
DSC07960.JPG
(Yes, those buttons are lime green....)

5 comments:

Carin said...

I am not usually a huge lime green fan but I LOVE the paisley and the flip flops quilts!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I missed the "why" THEY did not like you for sharing their quilts WITH credit . . .

Love the paisley with buttons!!

hetty said...

I love lime green too. Oh, who am I kidding? I love all bright colours. I saw the flip flop quilt in an issue of Fons and Porter. It is on my wish list.

Melvin said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,

___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

*karendianne. said...

Woah, that lime green at the top is amazing!!! I dig all of them really, but the first one is my personal fav.