Monday, August 17, 2009

I am only posting this because this is a quilt blog.

DSC08412.JPG
I believe that this quilt won Judges Choice at Hershey. I thought it was too, too clever.
You can read all about it & it's maker here.

& While I am posting again, My Mother-in-Law came down with her husband & he installed baby gates - THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.
Also we had an ice cream social to attend, Jacob tried ice cream for the first time. Once he got past the part about it being freezing cold, he loved it. I have created a monster.

& I heard a silly story from my Mother-in-Law. When my husband was a small child, she used to soak & smush up arrowroot cookies in milk before feeding them to the baby? (Aren't they supposed to be hard for teething?)

3 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

An icecream social??? Sounds like my kind of thing. Glad Jacob likes icecream!!!

Jessica said...

arrowroot cookies aren't as hard as I thought they'd be (we tried them for the first time this weekend), the organic teething biscuts I got in Greece were much harder. But they sure are tasty, George and I both like them, hehe.

The Calico Quilter said...

While I can completely appreciate her technical skills in the Judge's Choice quilt, I am conflict about the actual quilt design. It looks too much like a garden flag! I guess I don't expect my quilts to have moving parts.

Ice cream IS addictive, by the way. And there is no 12 step program for it.