Friday, August 07, 2009

How out of touch are you?

Say What?
A sampling of some popular shorthand texting terms.
UG2BK . . . . . . . You got to be kidding
GBTW. . . . . . . . Get back to work
NMP . . . . . . . . . Not my problem
PIR . . . . . . . . . . Parent in room
GFTD. . . . . . . . . Gone for the day
FYEO. . . . . . . . . For your eyes only
BI5 . . . . . . . . . . Back in five minutes
DEGT . . . . . . . . Don’t even go there
BIL . . . . . Boss is listening
PAW. . . . Parents are watching
99 . . . . . . Parents are no longer watching
PCM . . . . Please call me
IMS. . . . . I am sorry
TOY. . . . . Thinking of you
KUTGW. . Keep up the good work
CID . . . . . Consider it done
FWIW. . . For what it’s worth
HAND . . . Have a nice day
IAT . . . . . I am tired
NRN . . . . No response necessary
4COL. . . . For crying out loud
WRUD. . . What are you doing
LMIRL. . . Let’s meet in real life
^5 . . . . . . High five

I did not know any of these... I guess I better learn before Jacob does.
CUL8TR (That is about as hip as I am. The only gal that I text to/with, I write it all out...)

4 comments:

The Quilting Pirate said...

I am SOO out of touch and I have kids...EPPP!!

Carin said...

I knew most of them but then I worked supervising the kids chat rooms for AOL :O)

hetty said...

I didn't know any of them! Thanks! You have enlightened me! Now if I only had someone to text with.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh dear, I only knew 1 (FWIW). Ouch. Am I really that unconnected? Oh wait, I don't have the text plan on my phone, phew!