Monday, August 24, 2009

Fair quilts!

Not that I would ever make it, but this was my favorite!
DSC08614.JPG
Baltimore Album
DSC08610.JPG Do you think she just quit when she got to 8 blocks?
DSC08603.JPG This reminds me of what Wanda was working on...
DSC08602.JPG Each one of those blocks is a cross-stitch block! It is an ABC quilt - she filled it in with ABC samplers.
DSC08599.JPG I always like the New York Beauty quilts too - but again, I'll never make one.
DSC08601.JPG There were at least 3 different stack & whack quilts. I made one of these - it ended up a stack & oops.
DSC08597.JPG I like how she did the outer border.
DSC08596.JPG This one was entered in at least two big shows.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Great quilts!

*karendianne. said...

You're so funny: "Do you think she just quit when she got to 8 blocks?" It must be a *karendianne. quilt if that happened.

Carin said...

Gorgeous quilts! Stack and whoops that would be me.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

those look like they are hung so high. Here in Kentucky they hang them low and crowd them. High and out of reach might be better.

The Calico Quilter said...

"Do you think she just quit when she got to 8 blocks?" I would. But don't underestimate the aggravation factor in that Lone Star component. I would probably rather applique than make that.

"There were at least 3 different stack & whack quilts. I made one of these - it ended up a stack & oops." - Mine turned out a stack & yawn. The fabric I selected wasn't interesting enough.

New York Beauty - some day, some day.