Monday, August 31, 2009

Cat charm quilt


Cat charm quilt
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I quilted - rather I worked on binding! I made a deal with myself without a reward or punishment attached. The deal is that in the past I have done hand work in bed in the evening without issue, so I should get back to it.

(I have far too many quilts that need the hand part of the binding done to ignore them anymore.)

& that is what I have done. I did a whole side on Friday & one length of thread on Saturday.

On Sunday, we went up to New York for a birthday party, so I did not do any hand work on Sunday. 8 hours in the car was enough...

& that is all that is fit to write from my weekend, once again it was too short & over far too quickly.

Now I am off to have the pediatrician look at a rash on Jacob's tummy. The nurse does not think that it is related to the flu shot that he got on Friday, so we are going in for a look see. It is probably nothing, but I am a first time mom, so I'd rather hear the doctor say that, thankyouverymuch. (Not that any of you were questioning me. - but I have heard giggles & questions about my son's sick visits... Apparently, there are seasoned mom's who just give out infant Tylenol & wait to call the doctor if that is not helpful. I'm not a self-medicator for my son.)

8 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Amy... I love this quilt and since I love orange, you know I dig the side triangles. :)

Just so you don't feel alone, if I were a human mommy, I'd take my son to the Dr. You never know and better safe that sorry. The ONE time you let is slide... well, just don't put yourself in the position for a drama in the first place. That's my thought anyway.

Carin said...

Its always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to our kids!

I love your quilt!

hetty said...

I love your quilt! As for taking your son to the doctor, isn't that what doctor's are for? Who cares what others think? You have to do what is best for you and your child!

Andrea said...

This is an amazing quilt - I will gladly offer my services to come and finish the binding for you - lol ! And definitely trust your instincts with Jacob - if you think he needs the doctor then so be it xx

dee said...

As time passes you will relax on a number of issues because they will become familiar to you. In years ahead you'll think back and chuckle about yourself as a new parent. Until then, follow your instinct-it's a gift from above and rarely fails you as a parent. Rashes are something to check on especially if an inoculation was recent.
Hope it's nothing at all.

andsewitis Holly said...

I love your cat charm quilt. You are way more productive than I am and you work full time plus have a baby! I have no excuse, I guess, except that I'm lazy.

Libby said...

When The Princess was a baby/toddler one of the routine questions from the physician's office was what number child out of how many children. Once they learned I was a first-time mother, I felt like many of my concerns were over-looked/poo-poohed. I did not appreciate it at all. But being a military medical facility, there was no way for me to fight with them.

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous quilt. Love the orange. We don't self-medicate our child either...