Monday, July 27, 2009

Yes, I am a quilter!


Yes, I am a quilter!
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

This pattern (I say that roughly as I appliqued instead of pieced & did not look at their measurements.) is by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr in their book Modern Quilt Workshop. 1 of only a few quilt books that I would highly recommend & never part with!

The circles & binding fabric are by Paula Nadelstern & I knew that they would become this quilt as soon as I saw them!

The watery stipple in purple thread is the perfect quilting design for this pattern in my opinion & I had considered something "else" on the circles... (Something akin to spirograph patterns)

The quilting was done by Kristie at quiltingcowgirl.blogspot.com & I couldn't recommend her enough!

6 comments:

Hedgehog said...

I absolutely love that book, too! In fact, that might be how I originally found your blog! Working on a UFO Marquee quilt at the moment.

Rhonda said...

I love your quilt. I enlarged it just to see the quilting. Great job to Cowgirl!!!!

SugarBooger said...

Beautiful! Great job!

floribunda... aka Julie said...

very pretty! I love the "minimalist" look. Will have to check out that book, too!

*karendianne. said...

Amy!

I didn't know I'd dig this as much as I do. But I totally dig it! I'll bet it feels really good to have used this fabric in such a unique way. This quilt came out FANTASTIC.

Totally right on that quilting.

Kay said...

I like that book too, and also their other one about color. The name escapes me. Both these quilts turned out great. Post-it Note quilt is very funny.