Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yes, I am a quilter part 2

Here is another quilt the Kristie quilted for me. (Check out the linky love!)
DSC08359.JPG
I go back & forth between calling this my NYC quilt and the post-it note quilt. The yellow looked a lot more like post-it notes before it was quilted.
Here is the back complete with Plan A blocks:
DSC08360.JPG
That gray print is NYC monuments & The other print is Taxi Cabs.
Here are a couple favorite blocks:
DSC08361.JPG (I even had this one in flannel!)
DSC08362.JPG Have I ever mentioned that I like positive/negatives? I am near the end of both of those kitties, they are both in my two cat charm quilts. :o) I love those charm quilts, they are a record of all the cat fabrics I have loved before... (Sorry Willie, that was too easy.)

I so can't wait to do the hand part of the binding so I can throw this one in the washer & dryer to get crinkly.

10 comments:

upstateLisa said...

Oh I love this quilt!!! love black/white together! it is so great!

Lisa said...

I vote for NYC Quilt. That is what I think of when I see it.

I just love this- and yellow isn't one of my favorite colors. It looks so nice as the center of each square- it warms up all that black and white.

*karendianne. said...

Great quilt. I read all the comments you included with the pics, too. I agree about that whole piece on the backing - using that NYC fabric there. That worked out perfect.

Amy, you are just kickin' it out of the park, girl. :) That's 2 great quilts in 2 days. Plus a husband and a job and a Jacob to boot!

SuperWoman!

Ruth's Place said...

This is really lovely! Love the colours and the quilting looks awesome.

Miri said...

This quilt is wonderful! I love the fabrics and the yellow "post-its". Is this for the b&w challenge?

The purple quilt is great too-like a painting in fabric!

The Calico Quilter said...

I think I'd call it "Hey, taxi!" It visually references both yellow taxis and Checker cabs. It's really great!

Sharon said...

I love these latest two quilts. They're very fun! I have that Paula N. fabric - that's a great idea to use it for. And I love the "Post-Its". That's a lot of B&W fabrics! And great kitty fabrics too, BTW.

Quilter Kathy said...

I really don't think I have ever seen B & W with yellow and I love it! Very striking!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

How about yellow taxi cabs on black pavement instead of post-its? Taxi's are so NYC! I love it!

jaybird said...

i like post it quilt