Sunday, July 19, 2009

So early in the morning!


DSC07809.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Since the main street in Sisters was going to close to car traffic at 6 a.m., we decided to get there at about 5:30, this is a photo that was taken close to that time. I think my husband "may" have finished his coffee, but we were no where near as chipper as Jacob!

BTW I saw quite a few "drive-up" coffee shops in Oregon, they reminded me of those circa 1970's foto-mats! Or a really nice sno-cone stand!

That is where we got our first coffee, after taking this photo & fiddling around on the computer (Sisters has free WiFi) we walked to a nice place (Ski Inn) for a very good breakfast.

9 comments:

Not Lucy said...

Drive up coffee places are a staple in the Pacific Northwest! It is depressing to go elsewhere in the country and have trouble finding decent coffee! One of these days I am going to make it to the Sister's Quilt Show - it isn't like I live that far away and I do drive down to Portland to go to Fabric Depot a couple of times a year anyway!

andsewitis Holly said...

Jacob's such a cutie. Yes, we love our drive up coffee booths here.

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

Who wants to get out of their finally warmed up car and get all wet to buy coffee?
They'd go out of business in the fall, winter, spring if we couldn't drive up.
love the colors in that photo..Good morning Mommy!

Jeanne said...

Now there's a happy fellow! He gets cuter every day.

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, Jacob is raring to go. It's so cool, the towns that have their own internet system.

Greenmare said...

oh my look at that big smile! and I bet he didn't even get any of your great coffee! Love love love the orange bib and red pants! I'd smile too!

Rian said...

What a great smile!!!!!

cindyquiltsOR said...

Wonderful picture of Jacob.

And ... we can get other things besides coffee from our fotomat sized coffee shop! I have a friend who is the owner/operator of one and she always has goodies.

Personally ... caramel apple muffin was my fave. Or pumpkin pie muffin. or, or, or ... With Chai.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

What a morning cutie you have there! Looks like he was ready for the big days adventure!