Thursday, July 02, 2009

I SPY coin quilt


I SPY coin quilt
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

My current project! An I Spy coin quilt.

I am now soliciting advice on a color for the sashing.

This will end up being a twin sized quilt... I want the one fabric to not only be the sashing but also the border. I am sure that I am not interested in black or white - I want something "unusual."
The next two posts show close-ups to help you choose a color... Or at least to show you some of my novelty prints.

The pieces are 2.5 x 5 inches & were going to be something else when they grew up, but they had a change in major & are now a coin quilt.

12 comments:

Catherine said...

What about a really colourful batik that has a lot of the same colours in it that are in the coins?

Not Lucy said...

What I usually do is find some solids/batiks/marbles in various colors and lay the other pieces on them to see what color I like best with them. Often I am surprised by the color that looks best. Sometimes this involves a trip to the store which can be helpful as you get extra opinions on what looks good.

paula, the quilter said...

Red.

miniaturequilter said...

Lime green!

Andi said...

Yellow! Really, anything you choose will be fine since there is so much going on in the coins.

hetty said...

I would use red or blue, but a trip to a LQS might be helpful. I think anything you use would be okay. Those fabrics are fantastic! How long did it take you to collect so many?

Susan said...

I love it! Where do you find the time?

Babs said...

I think I'd use red or purple.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love an eyespy, I am probably hopeless at this, but with lots of colours I quite lie a yellowy/mustard..even a mottled type, it's cheery, but doesn't take awy from the blocks, also goes really well with all the blues. jacob is so gorgeous!
I have a draw on, there are even some cat cards you could win...just for you! Tracey

YankeeQuilter said...

If you want it "bright" I would go with red or lime...if you would like it toned down a bit how about a green like the grass it is on right now (not implying you use the grass only the color!)

Linda said...

The grass looks nice!!!

I vote red or lime, depending on who gets it......

Marlene said...

Yellow sashing with a navy blue border would compliment all the colors you are using...it looks great