Monday, July 20, 2009

Charley Harper

Am I the only one that just fell onto the Charley Harper bandwagon - or off as the case may be?

I first heard about him at Sisters when I saw this quilt:
Children's book author/illustrator
detail:
Children's book author illustrator
& Since I don't read the placcards, I thought it was a child's name since it is about a nap sized quilt.
I am not sure where/when I made the connection that Charley Harper is an artist.
But now that I know, I like that quilt even more & want to get his children's books for my son.
ABC's
123's
Coincidentally, I saw those books and a few others at Powell's books... But alas, they did not make it into my cart.

Any other Charley Harper fans out there?

BTW I wrote this post after seeing this post.

4 comments:

Andi said...

He's new to me, too! I'll have to suggest those titles to the Grandmas since I've already got Kendra's birthday presents lined up. She turns 3 in a few weeks - amazing!!

Libby said...

Never before heard of him . . . . but now I know I must add his ABC book to my collection *s*

Anika said...

l o v e the quilt!

Just an FYI there's a great book on all of Charley's work at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Charley-Harper/Todd-Oldham/e/9780978607654/?itm=1 and a less expensive edition coming this Fall http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Charley-Harper/Todd-Oldham/e/9781934429372/?itm=2

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

I love love love CH
everything! I've been thinking of getting a print for my husband for Xmas.
CH's family has a web site and do editions.

R