Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

I don't even recall what went on on Saturday it was sooooo long ago.
But Sunday was a day filled to the brim.
About a month or two ago, my husbad said that he wanted to visit his mother in New York for Father's Day & that is exactly what we did.

We go up stupid early (2:45-ish) to catch the 5 something train from Union Station in DC. (While we got up early, we did not get up early enough for breakfast, so we got coffee & food from THE SLOWEST Starbucks in Unios Station.) I got oatmeal. Jacob ate 1/4 of it, he was so cute. I mixed in the dried fruit & took a bite. He saw me & started to act a bit fussy so I offered him a tiny bit, he wanted more & more, so I kept giving him small bites. :o) My portion had a lot of fruit! (he is not ready for raisins, craisins, & dried blueberries.) Luckily, DC is the first stop, so we were able to get a 4 seats - two facing each other & we had space for all of out stuff. The trip up was fairly uneventful, fussy baby here & there, quick baby cat naps here & there, a daiper change, & a stroll (& @ 4 hours later) we arrived in New Rochelle. (I called my dad while on the train.)

So we get to my Mother-in-law's house... Insert family drama...

We leave on the 5:15 train headed to DC. The train was full, but a lot of people leave the train in New York, so we waited for a couple seats while Jacob was able to stay in the car seat/stroller. Jacob slept most of the way back on the train, he woke up in Maryland & we nursed. So the car ride home & betime routine were o.k. if a bit late!

I fell a sleep when my head hit the pillow! (I get to unpack/unravel later today after work.)

Was your father's day that busy?

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

How was my Father's Day? I just had to make a phone call. Unlike you. You were "SUPERWOMAN." And here it is Monday. You're at work. I think you truly are Superwoman. You Rock!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

We had a surprise visit from our daughter from Oregon. Vann almost fainted when he saw her.

Andi said...

We had potty-training/bedtime drama, LOL. Something for you to look forward to!!

woof nanny said...

Are you guys okay? I heard there was a big train wreck today.