Monday, June 01, 2009

Sunday, the day that was.

To be brutally honest, I got up & pumped at 2 a.m. I also fed the cats att his time, because if you are going to get up & out of bed, you are going to feed the cats.
I then went back to bed & rose at about 6 or 7, fed the baby & decided that I wanted pancakes. So we showered & headed to IHOP. Sowhere in that time frame we founf out that the sugar snap peas were ready for picking at our local U-pick (Or PYO if that is what you call them.)
So after IHOP, we went home & readied ourselves for picking.
DSC07296.JPG
Jacob slept while his parents picked.
DSC07299.JPG
In the background before the trees - raspberry plants getting ready for my return. :o)
DSC07298.JPG
I picked a lovely pea flower to photograph.
We picked about a pound & a half of peas - which when shelled equals about 1 cup, which when pureed equals 2.5 servings! (Did I have to shell sugar snap peas?)
Jacob ate his peas by noon! Sine he was wearing abit of peas, I washed him & slathered him with sunblock for his first visit to the pool! But first a little nap:
DSC07302.JPG He likes to lie on his side & twist up in the blankets just like his mommy.
To the pool:
DSC07305.JPG
In the pool!
DSC07308.JPG
DSC07342.JPG
DSC07347.JPG
DSC07352.JPG
DSC07366.JPG
Bath time (I have to use sunblock & I dislike the feel, so I shower after using it, so I bathe Jacob after using it as well.)
DSC07369.JPG

Insert errands & leftovers for dinner with a blondie sundae finish (Did I mention the U-pick place sells baked goods?)
to play time with daddy
DSC07379.JPG
To proected the less than innocent, I'll skip what happened between play time & bed time...

Add in all of the other mundane stuff of life, you know why I wanted to sleep in again today & why I pack in so much on a vacation - my life is already packed full!

8 comments:

Libby said...

*awhhhhh* I have the softest spot in my heart for a baldy and a thumb sucker *s*

sewprimitive karen said...

He's looking so cute, esp. at the U Pick. What a schedule, how many times did you wash Jacob, I lost count lol.

jovaliquilts said...

What a great day! Love J's expression in that last photo.
And raspberries ... we planted some because I just can't get enough! Won't be long before those are ready for you!

Deb said...

Oh Amy, he is so cute! How did you manage in life before him???

Love the pool face...LOL A sweetie for sure.

Enjoy every second...it goes soooooooooo fast.

hetty said...

Wow! Busy schedule! Love the 'playtime with Dad' photo!

*karendianne. said...

Great day, fantasic photos. I'm really diggin' the "Jacob chills in the lawn chair, taking in the sites" photos. Enjoyed your story of the day as well. I don't know if you really had to do all that shelling but your in a compromised state from time to time so... well I can relate! Can't blame it on mommy-hood. I know it.

Ruth's Place said...

Wonderful pictures!

Linda said...

Jacob looks totally unimpressed with the pool.....just another thing my parents keep taking me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He certainly is a cutie!! And just ready for my BabyStorytime at the library - too bad it's the wrong town!!!!