Monday, June 15, 2009

quilt show photos

Several photos are up on the Black & white quilt challenge blog here. (One of those reminds me of Karen Diane.)
I almost have to post this one, because I love those taupes:
DSC07456.JPG
I need to remember that not quite stark/jet black...
DSC07457.JPG
This one reminds me of the one that Julie did:
DSC07401.JPG
A great way to use an odd assortment of 9-patches.
DSC07388.JPG Love the bees, the log cabin border is made out of a honey comb shaped fabric.
DSC07389.JPG See all bees don't have to have striped bodies!
A chicken made out of a chicken print! (This was a challenge quilt, the quilter had to use that beak fabric in an obvious manner. Those beaks are fairly obvious!)
DSC07385.JPG
It did not photograph well, but this was one of my favorites.
DSC07403.JPG
I want to do one of these for my son!
DSC07437.JPG
Look no facial features (That sure does make the quilt seem less daunting.)
DSC07438.JPG
Just turquoise feedsacks!
DSC07432.JPG
DSC07433.JPG
That would have been hard to do back when feedsacks were readily available!
Pull out your 70's & 80's calicos!
DSC07434.JPG
DSC07458.JPG I really like those blues!
DSC07473.JPG My favorite! (If I voted on viewer's choice, this one would have gotten my vote!)
DSC07474.JPG Does anyone have any of this fabric that they no longer want? :o) (I want to do an all blue log cabin for my son & this would be the perfect addition!) BTW I loved this quilt because it used this kind of fabric in a bird!

Many many more photos on my flickr!

7 comments:

Threads and thoughts said...

They are so beautiful! I love the Esher type (your favourite) as I like he is one of my favourite artists. But the chicken one is so cute too. And yes the I love you fabric would be something precious for many of us!
Edith

Rhonda said...

This is a great post. I love looking at quilts. It always inspires me. Thanks and take care.

The Calico Quilter said...

The tessellated bird quilt is amazing. And, I fell in love with the little pieced bee blocks. I might use that in my next Project Linus quilt. Would that be scary for a child? Thanks for a great quilt show.

sewprimitive karen said...

Yeah, had to post that taupes one, it looks great! Thank you for posting the show pictures.

*karendianne. said...

You're so right. The construction of the Bee is so completely COOL! And you're right, too... That one does remind of something Julie did. These are so neat. Now I have to go look at those Black and White ones. :)

Rachel said...

Hi, do you happen to know if there is a pattern to make the bees? I can't really tell from your picture how the head and antenna were put on...Thank you,

woof nanny said...

I'm a huge bee fan, so am really inspired!