Tuesday, June 09, 2009

NYC quilt


NYC quilt
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

This was supposed to be my "What is on your design 'wall'" quilt. But Jacob had a bad couple days over the weekend & woke up with crusty eyes on Monday, so I took him to the doctor (cold & another ear infection) & we stayed home the rest of the day after running some errands. With that time my rows were sewn together into a top.
The quilt is a 9x11 arrangement with no black & whites repeating. The yellow is a Moda marble (I so wish I had found a Kona cotton instead.) & is the same throughout. A couple people have mentioned how it looks like pist-it notes which is the scale of those squares! But I am calling this a NYC quilt, because the back has Taxis & NYC landmarks in addition to more of that yellow! It will be bound in yellow.

11 comments:

Kay said...

Oh, I like this. So simple and contemporary. Hope Jacob is feeling better. Those ear infections are such a pain (pun intended)

Mama Koch said...

I REALLY like this!

Hope Jacob is better. Sick kids only make mama feel bad.

jovaliquilts said...

I like it, like your layout.
Hope Jacob is feeling better.

Julie said...

Best wishes on the ear infections - our younger son had hundreds before and while he had four sets of ear tubes . . . trust your instincts (if you think he's getting sick, speak up and find a doctor who will listen to "mom" and not think they know best).

LOVE the NYC quilt (and your new cataholic logo!)

Catherine said...

I love it! It does make me think of Post-it Notes.
Hope Jacob is feeling better.

Rhonda said...

Hope baby Jacob is much better and I love your color choices!!!!!

hetty said...

Hope Jacob is feeling better. Love your quilt!

susan said...

i really like this quilt
you picked great colors. i like the yellow with the b & w
you have inspired me, i think this is going on my list of need to do's! hope you little one is feeling better

Ruth's Place said...

This is just stunning.

I hope Jacob is feeling better soon.

Melinda said...

I really like this quilt. Are you going to border it? I am doing a blooming nine patch with black and white and yellow. Now that I say that I remembered that I have yet another black and white and yellow quilt in progress. I must like that color combination.

Minka's Studio said...

Love it!