Monday, June 29, 2009

Kaffe with borders


Kaffe with borders
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

So this is my recent "finish." (A top is "finished" for me.) I am actually happy with how the pieces arranged themselves. You see I don't work with a design wall or design floor for that matter. I piece "randomly." To me that means, that I try to not piece "relatives" together. "Relatives" the same fabric in a different color way... I am especially happy when the relatives do not end up next to each other when I join rows (as is the case here) but I don't over work when it happens - that is random...

6 comments:

Andi said...

Very nice!

Kay said...

I like the cheerfulness of this.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like this - Kaffe prints are gorgeous and this version allows them to speak individually AND as part of the whole (without screaming)... congrats on the finish!

hetty said...

That turned out nice! Love those fabrics!

*karendianne. said...

Gosh Amy, this is one cool happy quilt. I really like how you worked with your Kaffe fabrics.

Catherine said...

Love this quilt -- it's SO cheerful!