Monday, June 01, 2009

I sewed!


DSC07373.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

These had been cut out & waiting for a very long time. (The I SPY's caught my attention in the middle of this project.) What you cat see in this pile are 95 different black & white prints with the same yellow centers. The blocks finish at 9 inches. This is my black & white challenge project. I have 4 more to piece so that this will be a 9 x 11 layout. I was going to mix in 10 blocks with a black & white center & a yellow frame, but those will end up as back art instead. Along with NYC Taxi Cab fabric as that is what this color combination reminds me of. I also have a pretty NYC fabric that will also go on the back. Both of those will be big pieces so that the images will be complete.

BTW a lot of this sewing took place in the wee early hours of the morning as I had to pump overnight & could not get back to sleep.

The moral of that story is: It is a good thing that I have my sewing machine set up in the living room with 2 ready to sew projects handy.

9 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Right on with these blocks. I totally dig 'em and you cracked me up with the comparison to the NYC Taxi Cabs. Sorry sleep is a distant memory. Being a mommy isn't easy but the machine, it's so seductive and perfect almost anytime.

jovaliquilts said...

Should be a very cool quilt! Where did you get the taxi cab and NYC fabrics? My DD2 is moving to NYC this fall and I'd love to make her a quilt for the occasion.

Desiree said...

This is going to look great! I hear you on little sleep.

JudyL said...

At first, I thought that was a yellow post-it note in the middle of a plain square! You can see where my brain is. It's going to be a fun quilt! Thanks for sharing what's on your . . not your wall but . . what you're working on.

Linda said...

Love the yellow with the black/white. Very cheerful!!!

Linda said...

This is going to be a really nice quilt. I love B/W and your choice of yellow.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Way to go ~ it's going to be a great quilt! Love the taxi analogy!

Emi_Shimosato said...

Happy to see you had a time for sewing! You are very busy since your lovely one was born. He is so cute!!

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫