Monday, May 04, 2009

What have you been up to? (AKA This really is a quilting blog.)

DSC07217.JPG Shooting star I Spy, twin size. 200+ different charms.

DSC07218.JPG A nice sampling of the charms...

DSC07219.JPG A lovely model....

A soon as I finished this one, I started a smaller version that I can take on the plane with us. not that Jacob will know what a giraffe is when I show him, but we will be able to chat about the images & quilts are just comforting!

I may be the only one to do this, but I immediately started working on a stacked coins quilt as well... You see, in addition to the one that I just started for our trip, I have another twin & a queen using this pattern planned. But I have charms for 4 or 5 more - How did I get so many bugs? Why did I cut 4 or 5 of that print? So I cut the small scale ones in half & I looked for others where there was a 2.5 inch image - tall stack of quilts, giraffe, etc. & cut those... (I had a baggie of these cut already for some quilt or another in my head once upon a time ago...)

15 comments:

dee said...

I always like seeing this kind of quilt. Wish they would have had such fun fabric when I was a new mother. Jacob looks so peaceful and yay Jacob for making it over to the other side! Now the fun really begins.

Pat said...

Love this quilt!

Kathie said...

love this quilt and oh yes coin quilts I LOVE them
would be wonderful using these fun fabrics, wish I would have collected them too
you can play I spy with Jacob when he gets a little bit older with the quilt, always a fun activity with my girls
Kathie

Ruth's Place said...

It looks awesome. Thanks, another quilt to add to my list of things I must make before the child gets too much older...:)

Ruth's Place said...

It looks awesome. Thanks, another quilt to add to my list of things I must make before the child gets too much older...:)

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a really cute quilt!

Suzan said...

I think it a wonderful idea to make an "I Spy" quilt for Jacob even if he doesn't know a giraffe from a plate. I am convinced that talking to your baby as if he is a full grown, totally comprehending adult makes for a bright, articulate, inquiring child with a great vocabulary. (Or maybe I just have incredible children and grandchildren!)

Exuberant Color said...

And just which square did you ask the kitty to find?

debby said...

Love the quilt!

And I'm not going to Sisters this year. I'll rely on the Calico Family to let me know what happens there.

*karendianne. said...

You're cool like that!

Chocolate Cat said...

I love this quilt and what a great idea making one for the plane trip as well.

em's scrapbag said...

What a great quilt. Love all the charms. Jacob looks so sweet. So happy for you. Enjoy they grow up way to fast.

Jody said...

Wow! I love it. I just realized yesterday that I have a baby to make an I Spy quilt for. I love, love, love your version of it.

Kay said...

That is a great version of an I Spy. It will be no time before he does know what things are.

Piwacket said...

I love this quilt, not to mention your model. I'm so glad that I've happened upon your blog!