Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas
On Saturday, after running errands & eating lunch out, I got home & decided to baste this quilt. Once I got it based (including the label) I decided to change the bobbin (the machine was warning me) & the thread & quilt it - temporary spray adhesive for the basting. Once I got it quilted & trimmed, I decided to cut the fabric for the binding. Once I got the strips sewn together correctly - the first time, I decided to press them. Once I got the pressed, I decided to attach them to the quilt. Since this is planned as a love to death, drag around quilt, I decided to top stitch the binding down. Once I got it bound & finished hand stitching the label down, I put the quilt in the washer & dryer, so that on Sunday morning, I was able to have a "Tah Dah!" moment at my sew-n-tell meeting! (Where I did not press one bit of my fabric...)
We used the quilt at the Doctor's office this morning - it is breezy & cool in Maryland this morning. Jacob is doing fine, the doctor is -pleased with is progress. 25 inches, 15 1/2 lbs., we have our 6 month check-up next Thursday, for the official record in the baby book numbers. Watch out pureed food, here we come!