Monday, May 18, 2009

Tah Dah!


Tah Dah!
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

On Saturday, after running errands & eating lunch out, I got home & decided to baste this quilt. Once I got it based (including the label) I decided to change the bobbin (the machine was warning me) & the thread & quilt it - temporary spray adhesive for the basting. Once I got it quilted & trimmed, I decided to cut the fabric for the binding. Once I got the strips sewn together correctly - the first time, I decided to press them. Once I got the pressed, I decided to attach them to the quilt. Since this is planned as a love to death, drag around quilt, I decided to top stitch the binding down. Once I got it bound & finished hand stitching the label down, I put the quilt in the washer & dryer, so that on Sunday morning, I was able to have a "Tah Dah!" moment at my sew-n-tell meeting! (Where I did not press one bit of my fabric...)

We used the quilt at the Doctor's office this morning - it is breezy & cool in Maryland this morning. Jacob is doing fine, the doctor is -pleased with is progress. 25 inches, 15 1/2 lbs., we have our 6 month check-up next Thursday, for the official record in the baby book numbers. Watch out pureed food, here we come!

9 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Congratulations on all fronts!
Looks like Jacob has to share his quilt with kitty -- bet he doesn't mind at all. :)

Catherine said...

I love it! Obviously the kitty does too! :-)

Melinda said...

Very cute quilt - I am sure Jacob will love it to death over time. Looks like kitty is loving it now.

Jody said...

Very nice!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the finish! Very fun quilt!!

julieQ said...

I am glad you had a finish, and a great one a that! Love those drag around and well loved quilts. I am glad your sweet Jacob is progressing well.

andsewitis Holly said...

Beautiful finish, Amy!

The Calico Quilter said...

Pretty fancy for a "drag around" quilt! Love the bright colors.

Kay said...

I'm so glad he's gaining ok. That must be a relief for you. He certainly LOOKS wonderful!