Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A pressing issue

After Tanya talked about her ironing board & the calico quilter followed suit, I figued that it was time for me to come clean...
For 99% of my pressing I use a June Taylor Press & Cut II. It is about the size of a fat quarter...

I am mentioneing this because I need to press some yardage - not fun using the press & cut (Or is that cut & press?).

I must mention that I have an over the door ironing board, but I don't like it & rarely use it.

I probably could get a better ironing board, but... (That is so not how I want to spend my money!)

I might be bale to use the one at the LQS - but then I'd "want/need" to actually buy something...

My GF has one of those big boards, but do I want to visit just to iron? What kind of friend would that make me? "Hi, I'm coming over, can I use your ironing board?" Sounds as good as it looks in type...

Oh well, at least my mini-group is meeting this weekend, I can ise that big board without guilt.
Here I come with far too many yards that need to be pressed!

2 comments:

Not Lucy said...

I have a regular stand-up ironing board that I have used for years. My sister's husband made her a 'big board' that she could put on her ironing board for pressing quilt stuff. I put off making my own for a long time but love it now that I have it. I recently made one for each of my 4 crafting friends that meet each week. Here is a post from my daughter explaining how she made hers: http://latebloomercrafts.blogspot.com/2009/04/nest-ironing-board.html

Heidi said...

I took a 2 foot by 4 foot table and placed a thin piece of wood on the top. Then I covered the wood with that batting that you use for potholders. I covered the whole tabletop, batting and board with an sheet I picked up at a second hand store. This work really well for me. You could possibly just take the board and the batting and cover it. Then store the board in a closet somewhere until you need it for your big ironing jobs.