Monday, May 11, 2009

I SPY

Since Debby is showing her I SPY, I'll share my I SPY in progress.
Almost as soon as I finished this one,
DSC07217.JPG
I started another. (Just like potato chips!)
Do you see any stars?
DSC07219.JPG
There is an orange one right near the cat & she is sitting on a purple one...
(They worked out better in my mind that in reality when you look at the whole quilt...)
In light of that, the next one will feature lime & orange stars with a purple background. (I hope it works out better, if not this is still my favorite I SPY pattern & I still have 2 or 3 more to piece - they just might skip the stars...)
DSC07228.JPG
Another couple in progress shots...
DSC07226.JPG
You see how the skateboards have an orange feel to them... This is how I am trying to emphasize the stars more...
DSC07225.JPG
A not orange (or lime) I SPY with the purple.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

I have really got to do one of these some day!

jovaliquilts said...

I totally love I Spy quilts and have made many. This looks like the stretched stars pattern, has to be much easier to cut (and stitch!) than the hexagon stars. What a great idea! And I think the stars show up really well.

julieQ said...

Love those I-spy cuties! I know a little one will be dragging those around soon...

*karendianne. said...

Well really I see the cuteamous cat. I'm sorry, I'm of no use!

Catherine said...

I do see the stars but the kitty steals the show!

hetty said...

I spy.... a cat! Seriously though the quilt looks terrific. I can see the stars. This looks like a do-able pattern. I must try it sometime.

Ruth's Place said...

That's very cool.

Susan said...

Love your I Spy! So colorful and fun. Have a great day!