Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I had 1/2 of this pieced yesterday

DSC07235.JPG The crib sized I SPY! @ 36inches x 48 inches (No need to piece the back, but too big for a craft sized batt.)

Do you see the special treat?
DSC07236.JPG
Fussy cut JACOB, but not enough to have them all aligned perfectly. (I have some "perfect" letters, I need to find them... They were set aside for a special project...) Oh & there is a preponderance of aligators on this quilt... The "A is for Aligator", "Aligator wearing an argyle sweater", & "Aligator on black holding a gift." No idea how that happened... (Except that those three prints garnered a "giraffe with grapes" and "giraffe with a gift" and a "B is for bear" on the previous I SPY quilt... (That one probably could have had a "G is for Giraffe" - I need to check... Now that would have been funny... At least to me since I study the prints.)

The backing will be these gargantuan kitties (the one on the right)!
DSC07238.JPG
The ones on the left are the "normal" sized kitties. I found the huge ones at a "quilter's yard sale" several years ago - I snatched them up lickety split!

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Love the JACOB! I have a small amount of fabric with the alphabet in sign language and wish I had more -- seems like every kid's name begins with J, and mine are now all gone ...

Carla said...

That is cute. I really like the green one with the bugs.

Jeanne said...

It's a wonderful I Spy quilt, Amy. So cute how you got J A C O B in the blocks. The quilt will provide many, many hours of entertainment.

Jeanne said...

Oh the fabric! Years ago, I made myself a vest out of the backing fabric with the smaller of the kitties! Corduroy, I believe it is (I still have it), with a violet back and lining. I loved that vest. So cute.

Samantha said...

Love his name in there! So cute!

Ruth's Place said...

I love this one, and the Jacob is very cool.

mamaspark said...

this turned out really nice! Love the letters!