Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring has sprung

To begin, my refrigerator is clean... (Thanks.)
As is my oven/stove top & microwave. The countertops & sink are next...
(The rest of the place is in a better state of tidy - especially considering the 2 cats...)

The Lancaster quilt show was very nice again.
Unfortunately I missed my turn onto 30 off of 15. I knew the turn was "near" Gettysburg. No idea why it did not click in that I had gone too far before I got to Dillsburg. The sign that said 74 to York, was my "ACK, I missed my turn moment." You see, I should have taken 30 to York in my way to Lancaster... & Yes, I did take 30 home, and after I turned onto 15, I did a quick glance back to see how big the sign was that I missed! (Big enough) The worst part as I passed that exit, I had thought about going into the Wyndham to use the facilities...

Anyway, I got there and not to much the worse for wear.
Even Jacob enjoyed the show. Especially the quilts where he was close enough to see them... He's got one of those attentive gazes...

I only missed the vendors on the top level of the Continental (AKA Renegade Mall) hotel. I don't think that they have an elevator, I only got into the bottom level using the separate entrance...

On Sunday, we bought our meat for Passover (6 lbs. of Bison Brisket & 2 big chickens - I already had chicken breasts & I'll get the fish on Friday). After which we had a nap & then a walk in the awesome spring weather.
DSC06915.JPG
A lady walking her dog took this shot for us. (I really want to get a picture of him in a wide expanse of daffodils. & I really want to get a picture of him with the Cherry Blossoms.)
Here is the best of the arm stretched out baby wearing photos.
DSC06917.JPG
He was so "DONE" by that point... He had already napped while I wore him - Bliss... & not unlike the quilts at the quilt show, he was taking in all of the scenery, including the lake (just not in this photo).
DSC06898.JPG
We saw turtles, cormorants, cranes, & geese - lotsa geese!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

The photo with the daffodils is wonderful!! It looks so lovely and mild there! A nice treat on a morning when we're getting thundersnow!

sewprimitive karen said...

Just look at that precious boy!

Exuberant Color said...

I'm glad he is cooperating so you can go to the quilt shows. The terrible 2's are when you need a sitter.

Rhonda said...

What a handsome little pumpkin he is. You sound like me with the missed turn-off. I swear those signs hide when they see me coming.....LOL....Take care.

*karendianne. said...

Ahhh, how sweet. What a darling.

dee said...

What a gorgeous boy!

cindyquiltsOR said...

What wonderful pictures! He looks like a good little traveler.

Best Wishes!

EileenKNY said...

He is so handsome!! What a precious little guy.
I've missed my turn for Lancaster so many times. I'll be cruising down the road and there it is-on the wrong side.
Happy Passover!!

Kay said...

Love his hat, and his sweet intent expression!

hetty said...

What a cutie! He is adorable! A photo amongst the daffodils would be very nice. Wishing you all the best for Passover!

Ruth's Place said...

He is adorable. He doesn't look too small to me :) (then again my 18 month old is only 20 pounds...).