Here is my recipe. Switch out the butter for margarine & you have a VEGAN friendly recipe!
Yield: 3 Dozen
1 c Flour
1 c Rolled oats
3/4 c Finely shredded coconut
1 c Sugar
1/2 c Butter
1 tb Maple syrup
1 1/2 ts Baking soda
2 tb Boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
2. Combine flour, oats, coconut and sugar.
3. Melt butter with maple syrup over very low heat to avoid scorching.
4. Combine baking soda and water. Add to butter mixture; stir into flour, mixing well.
5. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2" apart on sheets.
Bake 20 minutes.
Remove from sheets and cool on racks.