Monday, April 27, 2009

So I missed ANZAC Day - I am not an Aussie, but I like ANZAC cookies

Here is my recipe. Switch out the butter for margarine & you have a VEGAN friendly recipe!
 
Anzac Cookies
Yield: 3 Dozen
1 c Flour
1 c Rolled oats
3/4 c Finely shredded coconut
1 c Sugar
1/2 c Butter
1 tb Maple syrup
1 1/2 ts Baking soda
2 tb Boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
2. Combine flour, oats, coconut and sugar.
3. Melt butter with maple syrup over very low heat to avoid scorching.
4. Combine baking soda and water. Add to butter mixture; stir into flour, mixing well.
5. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2" apart on sheets.
Bake 20 minutes.
Remove from sheets and cool on racks.

3 comments:

Rose Marie said...

I add 1 cup dried cranberries to my Anzac bars and we really like the taste of them in the bars.

woof nanny said...

Oh excellent. I'll try these. If it's anything like your tomato pie recipe, it's another keeper (man I love that tomato pie)

Michael5000 said...

What makes 'em ANZACy?