Friday, March 20, 2009

tip-toeing through the blogiverse

So I was reading Mary's blog & she mentioned "Go Cutter" (She linked it, I clicked it.) & saw this!
Humble Homes by Noble Needle Quilting & Sewing

I've never been a school house quilt "fan." I mean I like them o.k. & contimplated making one using Bonnie's pattern - with cats in the doors & windows... but alas, I never quite got around to that... I guess I really like the colors on this one....

But that one led me to this one also by Noble Needle Quilting & Sewing, its called Table Scraps.

Which reminded me of this template that I OWN. (not that I could find it right now if I needed to...) Based upon the "Go Cutter" website, I think that the table runner shown is fused applique... I keep thinking that the template version that I have could possibly be a quilt as you go project...

(There will not be a Go Cutter in my future, I choked at the template price(s) - I can't imagine how much the system costs...)

8 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

The price of the dies is the reason to send fabric to Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works like I did to have it cut. It was very reasonable.

Andi said...

I have a Sizzix with a few dies...never used. So much for being a "Scrapbooker" - LOL! I think I could use it for small cuts of fabric...someday.

The Calico Quilter said...

Even if you got a cutter and dies, it strikes me as one of those things which would get use at first, and then just collect dust. I try to talk myself out of gadgets (but never fabrics). I'm not a schoolhouse quilt person either but that one is adorable. It's definitely the colors, and the braided border. Oh, rats, another idea in the file.

*karendianne. said...

Those things are pretty cool though I have to admit. If I didn't buy anymore fabric for a lonnng time I could buy it and we could share or barter. Of course there's not much chase of a hold on no fabric buys, ha?

debby said...

I can't believe I've never seen this website before!!! Thanks for sharing.

Will I see you and the babe at Lancaster?

Jeanne said...

I like the colors in the house quilt, too -- looks like a cool misty mountain forest.
Jeanne

Mary said...

The Dies for the GO Cutter are a LOT less expensive than the ones for the Studio version - which is one of the reasons I bought the GO...it also takes up less room. I love this quilt with the school houses and the trees but they're Studio dies.

I'm loving my cutter and using it a lot. So far I just have a handful of dies but the strip cutter is getting a LOT of use.

hock said...

ITemplatez.com offers professional web templates, flash templates ,swish templates, dreamweaver templates, and other web design productsavailable for immediate download.